Wednesday, June 18, 2008

True Romance

#72 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Tony Scott is Ridley Scott's brother. He made such garbage hits as Top Gun, Crimson Tide, and The Last Boy Scout. But for some reason, solely based on how much I love True Romance, I will always see a new Tony Scott movie in the theater. I mean, Man on Fire was terrible. Spy Game was almost incomprehensible. Deja Vu was passable until the last 20 minutes. But I've loved True Romance since I was 16, and it's just such a fun movie that if a preview comes on and says "directed by Tony Scott" I somehow believe it will be good. Also, if you ever play the six degrees movie game, this is a great movie to use to connect everybody to everybody else.

RATING: 88%

2 comments:

laurie said...

I really don't understand why ppl (including you, G) think this movie is so entertaining. Although maybe that's because I don't really remember it that well. Is this the one where some ppl do it in a phone booth?

DCP said...

Well they do do it in a phone booth, but I wouldn't say that's really a pivotal moment in the movie. The most pivotal moment in the movie is Michael Rappaport's bad acting. How does he keep getting jobs???