Monday, June 30, 2008

The Goonies

#64 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I guess it's weird what directors show up on this list multiple times. Richard Donner gets a couple of nods, but Eastwood just gets one? Anyway, speaking of movie theater experiences, one of the best I've had was seeing this at a midnight show in Orlando, and whenever Chunk and Sloth show up on top of the pirate ship at the end the whole theater shouted in unison "HEY YOU GUYS!" It was pretty sweet. But I guess from talking to people if you have never seen this movie before and you try to watch it now it will totally suck. Also, you had a bad childhood.

RATING: 87%

3 comments:

laurie said...

Was that a midnight showing at FSU? What was the name of that sweet ass movie theater they built?

Also, when I was in Fla for my sister's wedding I saw this on the tv in my hotel and the second it came on I yelled "hey you guys!!" without even thinking about it. I think my mom thought I had lost my mind. And then when I told her what it was on the tv she went to the next room to tell my 32 year old stepfather that one of his favorite movies was on tv. THANKS MOM.

John said...

This was more like a Disney ride than a movie. Most of the acting consisted of yelling, and the chinese kid and the Italian villains were racist caricatures.

John said...

This was more like a Disney ride than a movie. Most of the acting consisted of yelling, and the chinese kid and the Italian villains were racist caricatures.