Friday, June 20, 2008

Planet of the Apes (2001)

I don't usually "nerd out", but damn this remake SUCKS! When I was a kid I watched both Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes at least a million times. The original was extremely awesome! But Tim Burton came along and decided he would totally screw everything up. Instead of being an ironic and satirical story, it's only left as a straightforward story about escape. Now, I can't possibly go over everything that sucked about this film, but the stupidest thing is that every human in this flick can talk. What the hell?!

RATING: 11%

4 comments:

John said...

Why'd you change "freedom" to "escape?" Aren't they trying to escape to freedom?

Chris said...

Yeah, I don't know. I pretty much write these reviews in English expressions and then later wonder if it even makes sense in the context. Usually it doesn't. I suck.

laurie said...

I have to take issue with the assertion that the original was awesome. Yuk. No.

Chris said...

Really? Every time I see the end I'm just as shocked as I was the first time. Maybe I'm just a sucker.