Sunday, June 15, 2008

Children Of Men

#78 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Another new one, sorry. After seeing this movie in the theater and nearly crying (ha, just kidding, men don't cry), I realized that in 10 or 15 years everybody would be talking about what a seminal film this was, and consider it one of the greatest films of the century. But instead it was kind of forgotten immediately by everybody for some stupid reason. It wasn't even nominated for best picture (but as we know, that's total fucking bullshit anyway [Crash, Best Picture 2005]). Oh well! I think it perfectly captures the dystopic society we seem to be barreling towards, and in many ways already live in. Also, here's a question for the ladies. Do women find Clive Owen as sexy as every man does? Because I swear he's on the cover of every men's magazine at Borders right now and every guy has a real boner for that dude. Just curious.

RATING: 89%

3 comments:

Chris said...

After seeing Closer I can't imagine how anyone could get it up for him.

Bryan said...

This'd be in my top 15 movies of all time. Just sayin'. I'm trying to gear up for reading the book, which by all accounts is substantially different, and not partially written by Clive Owen.

John said...

I agree with your assessment of this movie's quality. The only thing I didn't really like about it was all the white assholes with dreadlocks.