Monday, June 16, 2008

Jarro Cafe

This awesome spot off Gessner near I-10 serves the hottest salsas and best bistec tacos in town. Okay, so there's no way I can honestly say that in a city with more taco stands than people, but it's gotta be up there. They take a thin slice of sirloin and cook it on the grill until the beef is charred and throw it on two corn tortillas. All you have to do is add some lime, cilantro, onions, and any one of their 5 homemade salsas. Wash it down with a delicious Barrilitos soda and you've got one of the best meals in town. The neon green salsa (I suspect made from jalapeños and serranos) is the hottest salsa I've ever tasted.

RATING: 90%

4 comments:

LoCo said...

those look reallyreally good.

DCP said...

You should have mentioned the old man you thought was going to die when he ate the salsa.

Chris said...

Yeah, I thought about that but then I felt bad because I really thought he would die of too hot salsa. I thought maybe it wasn't entirely funny, but then again he was okay.

laurie said...

Okay so I thought I was about to have a little orgasm there when I read the description of the food, but then you assholes had to go and talk about the scared old man. Couldn't just let me enjoy the food description could you Glenn? Punk.