Monday, June 9, 2008

Austin

Austin is one of those cities anyone not from Texas loves. It's liberal, young, and really clean. I decided I don't hate Austin. I really enjoy the Hill Country (it's my favorite part of Texas), and I do think the city is visually appealing. However, when you throw in the hip to be square culture, I just can't handle it. The truth is I don't think I belong in Austin because I'm really not that accepting to cultures that shouldn't exist in the first place (mostly hipsters). I physically wanted to vomit at least a dozen times this past weekend because the hipsters per capita in Austin is too great. Want to own a restaurant in Austin? Easy. Just paint the inside and outside in a clusterfuck of colors combined with the worst art from some local artist. Now you're Austin's most popular new joint. Congratulations for living in a beautiful city filled with a lot of suckers. Extra points, though, for really cool bats that live under the bridge.

RATING: 44%

5 comments:

DCP said...

That's a pretty accurate description of Austin, I think. I always have a fun time in Austin, but the Austinites ruin it for me on a pretty consistent basis.

DCP said...

Also, you seem to have changed your review to be less negative than when I put the comment on it earlier.

LoCo said...

Austin is no way worse hipster-wise than Brooklyn. And Austin, I feel, had a lot less farther to fall.

Chris said...

Yeah, I did some serious soul searching. I didn't want to say anything I might later regret. I thought I could be more concise without losing the message, but it seems I failed.

Anonymous said...

Hating Austin is not negative.