Sunday, June 29, 2008

Local News

I watch the national and world news every morning and during the weekends, but I usually get most of my updates via the front page of Yahoo! That may suck, but I've grown to hate local news more and more because of the manner in which they perpetuate, and even manufacture, stories of "interest". As if the world isn't already messed up enough that we need to know if JIF or Skippy is the best brand of peanut butter (it's obviously JIF). These assholes get people in a frenzy about things that will never happen and hype the most asinine stories every night. And people look at them like they're celebrities. Lame.

RATING: 17%

4 comments:

DCP said...

The local news always sucks. I thought that when I visited New York in January their local news would be way better, but it turns out it's just as lame as the local news in Houston, Tallahassee, Gainesville, or Mt. Vernon Illinois.

I always think maybe I can get a job as a newscaster, since you clearly don't need to have any noticeable talent.

LoCo said...

The major networks' local news in New York blows. It's just a barrage of things to make you feel terrible. I have to listen to my grandmother TSK her way through 5-6PM every night.

NY1, however, is exempt. Their gentle host will read you the newspapers in the morning.

laurie said...

You were clearly watching the wrong news in NYC because if you had seen Sade Baderinwa on ABC, you would have been in love. I love you, Sade!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/bio?section=ontv/stationinfo/bios&id=3301260

laurie said...

And that team douche photo is amazing.