Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Godfather parts I and II

#73 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Well, duh. You know, Coppola was really on his "A" game until he made the Godfather Part III in 1990. I mean (and some of these will show up on this list) The Godfather I and II, The Conversation, Apocalypse Now, The Cotton Club, Rumble Fish, The Outsiders, Peggy Sue Got Married, then BAM! He makes that awful piece of garbage in 1990 and everything goes down hill. Well, after Bram Stoker's Dracula. I love that movie. And to be fair I've never seen Jack or The Rainmaker. They just sound bad to me. But that was like 12 years ago. Come on, Francis! Get one of your nephews to lend you some money already and make another fucking great movie. Anyway, I just watched part II again the other day, and I have to admit that I might change my opinion about liking part I better. But I guess it's kind of like saying you like a juicy steak better than a veal cutlet. Both are pretty delicious and great. The Godfather III is Chef Boyardee ravioli in a can. (See? At least I said it was brand name.)

RATING: 89%

2 comments:

laurie said...

Fun fact. I currently work in the courthouse where they filmed some guy being shot at the end of Godfather I. So every day when I walk up those 800 steps I get to remember that some gangster was pretend shot there.

LoCo said...

But the best mob movie of all time is still Jane Austen's MAFIA!