Saturday, June 28, 2008

Be Kind, Rewind

This movie is pretty darn funny at times, and not just when the two main characters are "sweding" the different movies...though it's definitely interesting to see the tricks which are used for special effects in their films. The relationship between the main characters is justifiably quirky. While Jack Black plays a variation on the Jack Black character, Mos Def is nice and squirrely. Gondry does a relatively awesome job with the special effects, both the subtle and unsubtle ones. A fun rental, if nothing else.

RATING: 77%

(image courtesy of wordpress.com)

2 comments:

LoCo said...

Squirrely! I never thought of him that way, but that's totally right. And I will always have a special place in my heart for the tinsel-on-a-stick.

Jen said...

I just saw this last weekend at the 'cheap' theatre, and I have to agree with your review. It was worth the two bucks I paid to see it on the big screen, but I'm glad I didn't pay the usual $7.50 or whatever. Cute but pointless!