Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Willie Nelson

I really love country music, and it's not because I'm from Texas (okay, I'm sure that might have something to do with it), but because country music really hits something that no other genre can. Willie is easily my favorite country singer/musician because he knows exactly what it's all about, and his song "Night Life" is a perfect example. There's a certain understated nobility to the idea of a song about a man (or woman!) who is not only aware, but can accept whatever place in life they've been given (shitty or not). And that's great because having grown up with a 90's "I can do anything if I put my mind to it" attitude hasn't entirely allowed me to embrace that kind of idea. If you haven't heard the song you can check out a video here (it's not a great version, but it's all I could find). It's one of the best country songs ever.

RATING: 94%

2 comments:

laurie said...

Willie Nelson is awesome. And not just because the Ben and Jerry's Willie Nelson Peach Cobbler ice cream is delicious. But it is delicious.

Chris said...

Right on. Virtual Obama fist bump.