Tuesday, June 24, 2008

wearing a suit

Now that I'm a lawyer (more or less), I have to wear a suit to work every day. At first I was very resistant to this idea because I thought it would be uncomfortable and dyke-y looking (suit + short hair = dyke, or so my thinking went), but since I figured out how to femme it up (skirt + girly top + sexy high heels = femme) I love wearing suits. The best part is how other people react to the suit. I've noticed that people don't seem to question my motives or logic when I'm in a suit. It's amazing. So if you ever want to sneak into a courthouse or political fundraiser that you forgot to RSVP for, I'd recommend sporting one.

Rating: 75%

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow a dark blue or gray skirt suit looks both professional and sexy (not that lawyers would ever stoop so low as to use sexiness to win a case).

I predict that Hillary pretty much killed the pantsuit with that yellow thing which she wore way too often.

LoCo said...

My temp agency would always tell me that a workplace was "formal," and when I showed up wearing a suit and everyone else was wearing khakis I felt like a clown in some kind of corporate drag.

laurie said...

Yeah lawyers and politicians are the only suckers still required to wear suits. And really naming them both is redundant because all politicians are lawyers anyway. And female politicians get to wear brightly colored suits, but lawyers don't. As much as I want women to have the option of a pantsuit, I think Hillary did us all a disservice by making them more popular than skirts. Did I ever mention that I am a huge skirt/dress advocate? I love them and wish everyone else did, too.