Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Running

I just started running a couple weeks ago and it's pretty fun I guess except my legs and body are always in a lot of pain. Well, I guess those are the breaks said Kurtis Blow. Anyway, those ugly ass Brooks' Defyance shoes are what I run in. For some reason every running shoe has to look hideous. Runners must be so full of confidence that they think even though they're wearing the shoe equivalent of a care bear's puke, they still look great. That's endorphins for you. Get out and run some and then you can eat nothing but meat and sugary cereals like I do.

RATING: 72%

6 comments:

LoCo said...

That's a pretty high score for running! Are you becoming One of Them?

laurie said...

Yuk. I loathe running. I'd give it like, 2%.

Bryan said...

Sarah approves this message, I'm sure. She signed us up to run a long distance for Obama or something. I'm only going in the hopes that I'll be able to dress up like a gorilla and run. And Sarah will dress up like a banana. And I'll chase her the entire race.

But awesome for you for running. I run 2-3 times a week (and bike the other 2) and it sucks, but it's good.

Chris said...

I personally enjoy those new Nike commercials (I think Nike) about the love/hate relationship about running. That's the coming of age for a runner. When you realize you might actually hate running, but still do it anyway. Here's hoping I don't quit this time like I have every other time after a few months.

DCP said...

One reason I like to run is because I can listen to music or something while I do it. I guess I could listen to music a lot of other times, but while running I can use headphones which is fun and makes me think like I am a cyborg or other such thing.

John said...

Running shoes are usually pretty fugly. I get New Balance because they come in widths suitable for my elephantine feet, and the really comfortable ones are always purple and neon green with yellow mesh over the toes or some shit. Not like I run a lot, but I've been trying to get out more so I don't spend the summer sweating through my shirts.

Apparently it's easier on your joints if you get 2 pairs of shoes and rotate between them. I guess it takes them a couple of days to decompress after a run.