Monday, June 30, 2008

Back To The Future I and II

#62 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Sorry to put three Spielberg related projects on here in a row. Obviously, everybody loves Back To The Future. But I consider part II to be equally great. Whenever a sequel gets made, people always complain that it's just a retread of the original. So what do they do in this one to combat that? They go back in time to the original movie and have the characters weave around their earlier selves. I think it's pretty genius. And I don't hate part III like I hate the Godfather part III. It's just that here part III seems just like a fun little coda that really doesn't do anything for the series as a whole. Also, the future stuff in part II is set in 2015, so only eight more years until flying cars, guys!

RATING: 89%

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't wait to get my hover board.

laurie said...

Flying cars would certainly make driving in Brooklyn a lot easier. At least until the skies get all crowded like in Blade Runner. Hopefully I'll be dead by then.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for power laces. And I'd sure like to try a "Pepsi Perfect" while watching The Scenery Channel.