Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blade Runner

#79 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I can't believe how well all of the special effects from this movie still hold up. By the way, I am considering the crazy synthesizer score by Vangelis to be a special effect. Ridley Scott is another director who has made a lot of great hits. But I sort of think he fell off his game with Legend. That movie is so goddamned boring. After that he never really got back on the horse. Uhh, the horse game I mean. But Blade Runner is pretty much flawless.

RATING: 88%

7 comments:

John said...

The devil guy looked cool. In Legend, I mean.

DCP said...

Yeah, Tim Curry? The whole movie looked pretty cool, but I can't remember one goddamn thing about it.

Jacqui said...

It was about killing unicorns or something. Anyway, Legend had a pretty good soundtrack as well with the Tangerine Dream Soundtrack in the original theatrical/vhs release. Not sure how much I like the Jerry Goldsmith replacement. Oh well.

Also, Blade Runner ROCKS.

Matthew J Killian said...

Please, Glenn, go back and watch the European cut with the Jerry Goldsmith score. There's actually a cohesive plot in that one. Nothing against the Tangerine Dream score either. It's actually really good, but Jerry Goldsmith rocks.

DCP said...

The European cut is the only one I've ever seen, when you lent it to me like five years ago. I still wasn't that into it, but I was teaching 7th grade at the time, so I wasn't into very much of anything.

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

Sorry. Typo.

Anyway, I do agree that Jerry Goldsmith rocks for the most part. Actually, I'm not sure why I prefer the Tangerine Dream soundtrack for this movie over his. I suspect it's my long-running adolescent affinity for prog rock music.