Monday, March 23, 2009

The New R3 Logo

Seeing this is the crowning achievement of my life. Please can we keep it?!

On only a marginal aside, a Darkhawk/Satan buddy cop movie would complete my life on so many levels.

An excerpt:

EXT. CONVENIENCE STORE, EVENING

(DARKHAWK and SATAN stand over JOHNNY TUNICCIO'S CORPSE)

SATAN: In all my years on the force, I've never seen anything like this.

DARKHAWK: I'm a series of cliches, wrapped up in some weird early-90's art.

SATAN: You're right...we can't tell the Chief. We're going to have to settle this on our own, and before this is over, we may have to turn in our badges.

DARKHAWK: Does anyone know who I am?

SATAN: Let's punch it, DH...I've gotta be back in Hell by midnight.


RATING: 99% (just about perfect)

(image courtesy of Glenn, I assume)

15 comments:

Evan J Peterson said...

Didn't Darkhawk die of AIDS? WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING, GLENN? ACT UP!

(this message has been brought to you by Gays Against Taking Everything Personally, GATEP)

DCP said...

Evan, you're thinking of Batman. At least I think that's what happened in Final Crisis.

DCP said...

Also, I am on board with the Darkhawk/Satan buddy comedy. I hope in the end it turns out Jesus and Evilhawk teamed up to frame DH and Satan.

Evan J Peterson said...

I just looked Darkhawk up on Wikiphilia, and there's no mention of AIDS or HIV. Also, nothing in a google search. I don't know where I got that from.

laurie said...

OMG YES. (The picture, not AIDS. No to AIDS.)

Maybe a new MSPaint drawing every month? Eh? Eh? Or we can rotate and take turns choosing a picture. I will choose trannies.

John said...

I like the logo, and the idea of rotating it once in a while.

Belabras said...

You know, I can do you guys a real banner if you want. Just saying.

DCP said...

J, are you trying to imply that my "Darkhawk In Hell" banner isn't real?

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

lol real baner

Belabras said...

Well, it does convey the surreal torment that a failed 90s comic book hero might suffer in a lake of soul searing fire attended by the Adversary. Something I would never disparage.

I just thought I'd offer in case you wanted something a little less... avant-guarde?

Viking Andrew said...

Let the man make us a banner! Viking horns?

DCP said...

I mean, I hate to ask you to take your time to do something for us. But if you're offering...?

Belabras said...

Sure. I'll have something for you in a few days.

LoCo said...

OMG it's like Stone Soup where Glenn just brings a pot full of water and stones to a rolling boil and soon enough all the villagers come and slice in carrots and onions and barley and soon we have REAL SOUP!

John said...

I think I liked the lighter background better than the black one that's up now.

I'm sure the new banner will be great too, but this one is so cool.