Monday, March 23, 2009

Star Trek: Legacy

There hasn't been a great Star Trek game in 26 years, since the release of Star Trek: Judgment Rites, and this game from 2006 doesn't really change that. However, I can look past that and the trap of focusing solely on space combat that seems to beleaguer Star Trek games this time, because the graphics are great and skirmish mode is just so addictive. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to blow the Enterprise D out of space with the Enterprise A, but take my word for it, ole baldy and his Brady Bunch of a crew certainly had it coming.

RATING: 67%

4 comments:

DCP said...

I should add, however, that apparently the PC version of this game is so buggy that it is virtually unplayable, so only buy it for XBox 360.

Bryan said...

Where is my Voyager game? I really want a Voyager game.

So I can burn it.

*grumble grumble* fluid space *grumble*

DCP said...

Bryan, you're in luck. All five captains contributed their voices to Legacy, including Katherine Janeway. You can pilot the USS Voyager into the sun, or blow it up with any number of ships. Unfortunately, it's one of the best ships in the game, so you're going to need a number of ships to defeat it, or the Enterprise E.

On another note that I'm sure nobody cares about (even me), Voyager: Elite Force is supposed to be one of the best FPS games of the 90s. Boo.

Bryan said...

I remember in Voyager when they found fluid space at one point, whether it was another dimension or whatever, I kept imagining this conversation:

Janeway: I think we've just discovered fluid space.

Paris: Actually, I just crashed the Voyager into the Hudson River.

Tuvok: I'm a black Vulcan!

(scene)