Monday, March 23, 2009

C.D. Wright


Well, the liverish bureaucrats and yes-men in charge of Reviews Reviews Reviews, kowtowing to the bafflingly stupid wishes of the legions of cattle-brained readers that frequent this e-hovel, tell me I have only five sentences per review in which to lambast the verse peddlers and their insidious poetastery, so I'd better get to it. C.D. Wright is a bumpkin poet (...ahem) whose poems (...double ahem) read like they were pulled together with Wal-Mart bags and nonsense. She writes experimental verse meaning she wastes everyone's time scattering on paper the kitty-litter of her incomplete thoughts regarding the Bush administration or contemporary American life. Ms. Wright, if your goal was to bore our country out of its political and social complacency, I have one thing to say to you, missy: Mission Accomplished! (Really, the poems are boring!)

Rating: 3% (for her well-toned neck)

10 comments:

John said...

Professor X, you're a killing machine. Review some good verse, like Coleridge or Homer or something.

DCP said...

I like Cooling Time.

Chris said...

John, don't you fucking get it?

It's Professor Xavier's shtick, and he is quite good at it. So layoff.

John said...

Jesus, Chris. Eat some reds and try to calm down. Smoke some grass, shoot some fucking smack! Shit man, do whatever you gotta do.

I'm just saying, T.X. La Mercier obviously knows poetry. He/she/it could probably share some of that knowledge with the rest of us. There's got to be some roses in all that shit.

John said...

Also, I'd hit that neck.

Viking Andrew said...

No, John: I think that neck would hit you.

Timmaaay!!! said...

Moo.

LoCo said...

So it's okay now for white women to put black men on their book covers, just for the hell of it? Rock. Looking up Keenan Thompson's info to see if he'll pose for my collection of linked stories....

laurie said...

All these poetry reviews are really alienating me. You just wait till I get my revenge by reviewing bankruptcy statutes.

John said...

E-hovel. Heh heh.

How many readers in a "legion"? 3? 5?