Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nintoaster

I'd definitely like to write something pithy about how this really makes a powerful statement about commercialization, postmodernism, America, or obesity. Frankly, this is far, far too awesome. The next step is trying to mod a Super Mario Brothers 3 catridge into an English muffin.

This really just opens up a larger discussion about what the next thing to mod in terms of video games and food. I'm partial to a Playstation3 embedded in an enormous wheel of cheese.

RATING: 89% (which means that it's better than an old pencil with an eraser on the end, but worse than a new pencil with an eraser on the end)

(image courtesy of engadget.com)

7 comments:

John said...

SM3 was one of the best games ever invented for any system. Remember all the hype when The Wizard and SM3 came out right around the same time?

LoCo said...

I do remember that. I was, like, completely sure that Fred Savage and I were destined to be married.

John said...

The Talking Heads song at the end was sweet. I've got that on my information pod.

laurie said...

That reminds me that I've been meaning to review the hot dog toaster for just about forever. I'll get around to it eventually. Maybe later today after I finally finish this here damn draft (the end is in sight!).

Evan J Peterson said...

Was the kid in The Wizard supposed to be autistic? Remember the scene in which Beau Bridges and Christian Slater play TMNT? This is a lost gem of 90's camp.

Bryan said...

The Wizard was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre, and I'm 199% convinced that it screwed me up REALLY badly. To this day, I want a Power Glove VERY VERY BADLY.

I think when they busted out SM3 at the end of the Wizard was when the internet was like "omg wtf!" for the very first time. (It was watching. The internet is always watching.)

John said...

What I didn't like about that movie was the stupid sound effects and general condescension t/w video games. It seemed like it was lovingly written by Nintendo fans and then hastily rewritten by their parents to make all the actual Nintendo references and screen time sillier and more trivial.