Friday, March 20, 2009

Pencil w/ Eraser on the End

I hate when the eraser on the end of my mechanical pencil gets worn down to a nub and then I can't get it out to put new lead in. Whose stupid idea was that? Funny you should ask, because I don't know. The guy who registered the first patent for a pencil with an eraser on the end, however, was named Hyman Lipman. If that isn't simultaneously the gayest and straightest name in Anglophone history, I don't know what is.

RATING: new 99%
worn down 2%

(Image from www.pencils.com.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A writing prompt: A day in the life of you, a pencil. Your God/creator is Hyman Lipman. Aaaaand, GO!

Viking Andrew said...

Actually, this image is incredibly disturbing to me (not being ironic / sarcastic).

laurie said...

Aww, does the thought of that pencil putting his sharp thing in that big hole bother the big bad viking?

Personally, I like the way the big hole is getting a burst of happiness from it. Clearly it enjoys sharpening the pencil!

John said...

You guys are gross. I quit.