Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Comic Three-In-One

Punisher Vol. 6: Barracuda

The Punisher kills a bunch of sleazy investment bankers. Satisfying, sure, but who's next, jaywalkers?

RATING: 67%



Ultimate Spider-man Vol. 6: Venom

Peter Parker's childhood friend turns into Venom and almost dies by Spider-man's hand. Lesson: Don't be Spider-man's friend.

RATING: 85%




Powers Vol. 2: Roleplay

A bunch of loser nerds learn about the dangers of cosplay (hint: the danger is death) in one of the best crime books being written.

RATING: 88%

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Do you read the comics prior to reviewing or do you have a stack of them sitting beside the computer, you choose the three on top, and review from memory?
I've been wondering for a while now how your selection process works!

DCP said...

I've read them before, but I read them again before reviewing. I'm going through all my long boxes of comics, but I'm kind of switching by company. So there's sort of the pattern of DC, DC alternate universe, Marvel, Marvel alternate universe, Ultimate Marvel, Independent. Whelp, Nerdy Nerderson out.

Belabras said...

"Don't be Spider-man's friend"

Probably the best advice anyone in the Marvel U could ever hear. I can't think of a single friend of Parker's that hasn't been screwed over at some point or another.

Probably says more about lazy writing than anything else.