Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BlackBerry Curve 8900

Yesterday I lost my beloved Blackberry Pearl, so today I went out and bought a BlackBerry Curve 8900 to replace it. There really is no easy way to say this, but the Curve 8900 makes the Pearl look like a piece of refried digital crap (sorry Pearl!). This thing is amazing. The Curve has all of the features of older BlackBerry models, but they are vastly improved. The internet is fast and looks like real internet, the camera takes surprisingly high quality photos, and it also plays very good quality videos (although I'm not exactly pleased with T-Mobile's choice to demonstrate this by selling the phone with a John Mayer video already on it). In short, it's amazing and I'm in love. And this time it is password protected.

Rating: 88%

11 comments:

Chris said...

Did someone change the password to the R3 gmail account?

I just wanted to check Analytics on the hits from the previous week.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

the passwork is:

c@n@d@#1c0m1cb00kp0em6969420

laurie said...

Sorry that was me. The email was routed through my old blackberry so I had to change the password when I lost it. I'll send the new password as soon as I find your email address.

Chris said...

No apologies necessary.

John said...

Must be full of gold for how much that fucker costs.

laurie said...

I got a $100 rebate...

laurie said...

Okay I feel the need to say even more since I see they are selling these for $500 everywhere. I only paid $200 at T-Mobile for mine. Which is bad, but not $500 bad.

LoCo said...

$200 for a new phone, like if you've had your old phone for ~2 years, is fine. Especially if you have career prospects like Laurie. Your new phone sounds amaaazing. People are complaining that it doesn't have 3G but what exactly do I need 3G for? To watch movies on my phone? Yeah that's not going to happen. I'm sorry your old Blackberry is now living in the taxi hanger in Long Island City, but I'm glad you got the new one and I can't wait to molest it.

John said...

That's a good price. Can't even get a gold grill put in for that much.

Anonymous said...

Can someone explain to me the difference between 3G, G1, no G and D?

LoCo said...

3G means, like, fast? G1 is a kind of phone from Google. You got me on the last two.