Wednesday, April 1, 2009

grants.gov

If you want to apply for any kind of government grant, whether on behalf of an individual or an organization, you need to use grants.gov. I'm not even going to link to it, because looking at the site would make your brain explode from all the error messages and the mismanagement. This is the worst website I have ever had the displeasure of using. At first I thought it was just me, but then I heard from a higher up that "the whole country" was having problems with this lovely site. I've spent more time on the phone with the help line for this site in the past month than I have with anyone else. The good news: you can spend weeks and weeks working on a grant and then finally finish it! The bad news: you probably won't be able to submit it due to any cocktail of technical mishaps. Viva la Economic Recovery!

RATING: 3%

8 comments:

John said...

I have a cousin named Grant.

Robyn said...

Since you have been spending so much time developing a relationship with these folks on the phone, you should consider inviting them for Easter dinner. Your family will understand!

LoCo said...

No Easter dinner for grants.gov. :(

laurie said...

Can't we get Barry to fix this, too?

Chris said...

I've always been a supporter of bureaucracy and big government for these exact reasons.

John said...

I'm with Chris. Centralization improves efficiency without fail.

Viking Andrew said...

Speaking of the govment, do you think this adds anything new to our Art discussion?

PS - I love her artist's statement. Orwell does, too.

LoCo said...

WHOA. Oh Jizus. Wow.