Thursday, July 3, 2008

Superman: For All Seasons

(Sorry for not drawing this one, but Tim Sale's art is just so great I couldn't take away from it).

I don't give a fuck about Superman. He's a boring character, and no writer ever really knows what to do with him. But I have to say that Superman: For All Seasons written by Jeph Loeb and drawn by the incomparable Tim Sale is one of the best comic stories I've ever read, Superman or otherwise. It tells the tale of Superman's coming of age, from Clark Kent moving from Smallville to Metropolis, to his first dealings with Lex Luthor. It's touching, beautifully drawn, and a great story about a man who is more alone than anyone else on the planet.

PS - I've done a three other reviews of books by this team. My only hope is that they can team up again and Jeph Loeb can stop writing the worst comic ever, Ultimates 3.

RATING: 93%

No comments: