Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Batman: The Killing Joke

This is a very famous Batman one shot because a) The Joker's "origin" is revealed and b) the Joker paralyzes Batgirl/Barbara Gordon. What I guess it is not famous for is being good, because it is not good at all. What a let down! And of all the things in comics that have ever been undone, Batgirl getting paralyzed isn't one of them? It's done in such an offhanded way, it's almost as if Alan Moore is a huge misogynist (he is). Oh well, don't read this ever I guess is the lesson.

RATING: 25%

6 comments:

Bryan said...

Perhaps the joke truly is on us...

Oh, and by the way, I'd vote not to undo the paralysis of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, primarily because he as Oracle is just as interesting as her as Batgirl, and fills a different niche.

Evan J Peterson said...

Oh come on, Glenn! Don't fuq with The Killing Joke. If you don't think it's well written, okay, but 25%? What makes it inferior to most of the Jeph Loeb books? I cry "hasty review!"

Bryan said...

Point, Evan. (+1)

DCP said...

I thought hasty reviews were my shtick?

Evan J Peterson said...

Oh. You have a point there.

Bryan said...

Point, Glenn. (+1)