Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Championships, Wimbledon 2008

I used to like playing tennis a lot even though I was really awful, but I was always good at watching it and I knew a fair amount of the players. This year I decided to sit through as much of Wimbledon as I could, but I only got to watch the singles finals. I'm glad Venus beat Serena (and they later won the women's doubles so Serena could stop crying). I hope Federer beats Nadal. So far it's been an incredibly crazy match and honestly Nadal has outplayed Federer, so I won't be really upset if Nadal wins (who am I kidding I don't really care either way). Anyway, I like Wimbledon since it's the only Grand Slam played on grass and there's a lot of weird English stuff going on like eating strawberries and cream as a snack. I think that's pretty bad ass though.

RATING: 81%

3 comments:

DCP said...

I used to play tennis as a kid, but I was really bad. Now that I play racquetball I don't think I'd be able to adjust to having to control the ball.

laurie said...

I cannot even begin to articulate the full extent to which I have the hots for Roger Federer.

Chris said...

Yeah, me too Laurie. In that guy crush kind of way.