Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Producers

#56 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

This is one of the movies that I always refer back to when trying to craft perfect over the top comedy. Pretty much all of my "acting" is modeled after Zero Mostel in this movie. There are so many flawlessly executed comedic scenes. Also, no dead time, no learning, and no heart. Three keys for comedy to me. I guess I always felt that it kind of falls apart right at the end. Maybe it's just that it's a little bit to abrupt, the ending. Ah well! The rest of it makes up for it. Besides, every Mel Brooks movie falls apart at some point. Some fall apart right at the beginning. Like Dracula: Dead And Loving It.

RATING: 90%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love Matthew Broderick!

laurie said...

Haha, little dude's body is like sliced in half...