Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Going To The Dentist

If there's one bi-annual event I hate the most it's going to the dentist. Today I got the metaphorical dental gang bang, which totally sucked. I had the hygienist on my right using the Cavitron (I'm not making this shit up), and some other chick, with 3 hours of training that apparently qualified her to take x-rays of my face on the left. They worked me real bad, tag team style, and that's what I get for going to the dentist who advertises on TV. Lesson learned. The thing is the dentist as a medical practitioner isn't necessarily that bad. They never do more than use their fingers and that metal stick with the mirror on the end to prod around (unless you're getting a root canal). But judging by the equipment they have in those little rooms I'm pretty sure they've got the proper equipment to perform a lobotomy on a patient while they're knocked out. That is if they aren't already giving you the literal gang bang while you're knocked out.

RATING: 40%

4 comments:

DCP said...

You should do what I do and not have dental coverage and therefore never go to the dentist. (My teeth really hurt).

Chris said...

I don't want to freak you out but by pure neglect I didn't go for like a year and came home with 7 fillings my first time back. The dentist said it was purely a coincidence though. They were old fillings that had fallen out. So you might be okay!

Anonymous said...

Don't neglect your teeth Glenn! You don't want to be like me...32 with dentures :/

Anonymous said...

Chris, you might think it's funny to joke about the dentist, but let MY experience sober your ass up, real fast. I went in for teeth whitening because I'd been drinking lots of dark beer and cola, sometimes even mixing the two. So I arrive, confess to some tooth sensitivity and the guy assures me, Hey relax, we know how anxious you are, so we'll just give you this gas...now breath deep.

Next thing I know, my eyes open and with my mouth propped wide up, so I can't scream, I see my dress undulating, something moving beneath it, a wet tongue and sharp whiskers working toward my....

Let me return to this another time, it hurts to recall...