Monday, July 7, 2008

Racism

Reviewing that comic book reminded me of this little old thing called racism. Racism is when you look at somebody and notice they aren't quite like you so you yell "Zoinks!" and turn into a skeleton and run away, but then you tell people that you weren't scared it was just that the other person was going to rob you/marry your daughter/talk in weirdo talk/some other such bullshit. Then later maybe the racist decides to get revenge because s/he feels like a total wuss and then goes and kills a bunch of people who are like the person who scared them in the first place, which is lame in my opinion. Come on folks this is the 21st century. Lets not get so scared of each other anymore ok, which includes portraying races in the same stereotypical way in the media all the damn time, and also I'm sorry but if you say any of the following things then you are racist:

"I'm not a racist, but..."
"Now, some of my best friends are ________, but..."
"I'm not racist, I hate everybody."

ETC.

RATING: 0%

14 comments:

Chris said...

I'm not sure #3 follows logically (converse accident?), but I once heard someone at work start out with #2 and it was really the most racist thing I've ever heard in my life. But I'm not sure any of these are always sure things.

Anonymous said...

I demand that you raise the rating to at least 10% on account of the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRiIpZVF4

Anonymous said...

Oh, and here's a little bonus from me to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw

Is the Bryan writing for this thing the Bryan I know or just some jerk?

Chris said...

I don't understand how kids were supposed to understand this. That was some incredibly terrifying shit.

Anonymous said...

Does your racist-man's profile have a beard/mustache, or is that his sinus canal?

DCP said...

That's supposed to be his sinus canal.

Also, that second video was way fucked up. Is that a kids movie?

Also, it is the Bryan you know and love.

laurie said...

That video is some freaky shit. And the brown haired kid looks like Beck. "People are of no value...nothing exists save empty space and you, and you are but a thought." I think I have to go kill myself now.

John said...

I'm not a racist, but I think black people are good dancers, and usually have really big penises.

Bryan said...

I'm not a jerk. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, cool. Hey Bryan. Yeah, Boston, MA has the worst drivers in the world and there aren't any goddamn street signs.

Anonymous said...

Wait. Who the hell is loco? How do I know I can trust his or her reviews?

DCP said...

You met her at AWP you forgetful scamp. She was the tall brunette number? Pretty? Has good taste in men?

Chris said...

Tomm, how do you know you can trust anyone's reviews? I mean it's nice to imagine this website has any integrity at all...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. Alright, I feel caught up.