Monday, July 21, 2008

On The Mouth by Superchunk

Superchunk is a band that is an indie sort of band that was biggish in the 90s, so you might say they were a 90s indie band if you wanted to save words. Me, I don't have too much to say about this album, so I'm trying to spin my wheels a bit to make it look like I wrote a lot about it. It's fun I guess, but it's nowhere near their best album (Foolish), and all the songs basically sound the same. Since they sound fine they get points, but when I want to hear some Superchunk this is not usually the album I turn to, and I didn't even feel like drawing their cover so sue me.

RATING: 57%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've followed 'Chunk since No Pocky and have seen them at least three times on every tour since then. For whatever that's worth, On The Mouth is their best release. It's driving, hooky and solid all the way through. It was amazing for its day and as I listen to it now it still holds up very well. You should give it a chance. Really. It may transform you like it did me in 1993.

DCP said...

Personally I like foolish a lot more than this album. Maybe that's because it was the first one I ever heard, so there's some nostalgia factor. Also, Superchunk was the first band I ever saw in concert, and they were great.