Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sonic Youth in Battery Park on July 4th

You might think that because some of the members of Sonic Youth are old enough to be your parents (or in the case of Kim Gordon, older than both MY parents), that all their good rockin days have passed, but if you thought that you would be wrong. They are actually still quite capable of rockin it out and putting on an awesome live show, which they did Friday at Battery Park. And it was free, so that's nice too.

Rating: 90%

ps - That's my blurry ass photo, so I credit myself for it.

5 comments:

DCP said...

Look, Sonic Youth is awesome and everything, but that looks like the most motionless group of hipsters I've ever seen for an audience. Not like the Sonic Youth show in Austin when I got kicked in the head by two separate crowd surfers.

LoCo said...

The NYPD will shoot you in the teeth if you move around too much in public. Especially in lower Manhattan.

laurie said...

There were some crowd surfers, I just wasn't near them. Good thing, too, because I do not enjoy getting kicked in the head.

laurie said...

Also, it was lightly raining during the show, so I think that made people a little subdued.

Chris said...

I am very envious of your 4th of July. Of course Sonic Youth played a free show in NYC. That would never happen in Houston. People don't ever want to even play here for money.