Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Mutants: Back To School

I guess I remembered this starting off a lot stronger, but boy does this first storyline suck. Basically this book was focusing on a bunch of new students who were recruited by old members of the New Mutants to come to Xavier's school. The writing is fine, but for these first six issues it often seems as though it's repeating itself (but I'm not a mutant! Oh I guess I am. I'll come with you.), and the art is fucking terrible. Also, I think I read on Cracked a few weeks ago about how whenever you put an American Indian into a comic, they always have to be vaguely mystical and have a feather in their hair, and this one is no exception, so thanks you racists at Marvel.

RATING: 44%

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Great. Now I have to go re-read this.