Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Natural Born Killers

#58 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

Claiming this movie to be one of my favorite movies is troublesome, because I don't want people to judge my character as a result. In high school, a bunch of lame-os would always be like "Natural Born Killers? Way cool! Mickey and Mallory are totally gnarly, dude!" But that's not really the point. You aren't supposed to side with them, geniuses! They're terrible murderers. The movie is just trying to say something about our obsession with these sorts of people. Anyway, it's a great movie and too bad Juliette Lewis didn't stop acting forever after it. At least she can do a realistic southern accent. Southern people, have you ever noticed that in Hollywood movies nobody ever does a convincing southern accent? Instead they always do it just totally over the top. Listen to some people why don't you? Also, when I bought this movie on VHS in high school my father made me hide it in the closet so my little brother wouldn't somehow stumble upon it and watch it. Of all the crazy movies I owned in high school, and this is the one I had to hide.

RATING: 87%

1 comment:

laurie said...

Keanu Reeves holds the record for worst Southern accent ever in The Devil's Advocate. What's really funny is that he only uses it in the really dramatic lines, like those are the only ones he practiced. And that he's supposed to be from Gainesville.