Thursday, July 31, 2008

Green Acres

When I was a kid I used to watch Green Acres because a lot of funny shit happened that was funny to a dumb 7 year-old. As I grew older I recognized the finer subtleties of the show. I've always thought it was great to do a reverse Beverly Hillbillies television show because it's certainly a bit more sophisticated to have New Yorkers farming in Hooterville, rather than rednecks living in L.A. Well, if you haven't seen this show since you were a kid then you should do yourself a favor and see that this show was pure genius. It's like a TV sitcom for existentialists...or something.

RATING: 83%

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what became of Arnold the pig? As I remember the show, he was the effective star, and Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor were supporting players. I have nightmares about Eddie and Eva eating Arnold at their first breakfast after the show ended. Sad.

LoCo said...

Our new commenters are amazing.

Also, Chris! This is very weird. I almost sent Glenn a YouTube clip of the opening sequence of this show two days ago, as a joke. But then I forgot. And then you posted this.

LoCo said...

Also, why does that guy pitch hay while wearing a three-piece suit? What's the matter with him? Does he have a secret desire to work on Wall Street?

Chris said...

Yeah, I think he used to be an attorney in New York. But like all New Yorkers he yearned for the country. And like all New Yorkers he figured he'd do it in style.