Thursday, July 3, 2008

Harmacy by Sebadoh

In the 90s, in theory I was a so-called "indie kid." I loved indie rock and listened to it all the time, and this was way before that was cool (which by current indie standards makes it more cool), and all the cool "grunge" kids thought I was a big loser because I didn't have as many Alice In Chains albums as they did. But in practice I wore flannel sweaters over Star Trek shirts, so I was just as big a nerd as ever. Anyway, this is one of those indie rock albums of the 90s I loved. It's full of a lot of white boy angst (all relationship/heartbreak stuff), and it's got some catchy, sloppy songs on it. It's all straight guitars, because this was before/after every band had to have a keyboard in it to be indie. Here's a couple tracks, but I guess it doesn't hold up that well even if it has a special place in my heart.

RATING: 62%

3 comments:

Bryan said...

For whatever reason, iTunes keeps insisting that since I like Superdrag, I need to go buy whatever Sebadoh album they're selling. I guess now I have no excuse not to check it out.

DCP said...

Apparently Bakesale is considered their best album. But I like this one fine.

Also, this is R3's 400th review!

Bryan said...

Hooray! Yay reviews!