Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Texas Hill Country

Modern scholars typically place the Garden of Eden somewhere in the Middle East, although there are a number of arguments in regards to the specific location. Well, I'm no biblical expert but I'm pretty sure if it existed it was probably in the Texas Hill Country. Besides, didn't the Earth split from one large land mass into its current fractured state? It's scientifically plausible, right? The New York Times recently named the Hill Country as "the #1 vacation spot in the nation" to which I'm actually going to take some points off, but it does tell us that even some Yankees know a thing or two about a thing or two. What I like most besides how perfect you'll find the scenery is, well, the food there is pretty damn good. Most of the area was settled by Spanish, German, Czech and Polish immigrants (and some other Central Europeans), which equates to a lot of good pastries and great smoked meats. Hell. Yes.

RATING: 94%

2 comments:

DCP said...

Hill country is all right to me. I haven't spent too much time there, to be honest.

Chris said...

Glenn, if it's good enough for Jesus it's good enough for anyone.