Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Computer World by Kraftwerk

I guess in their own way, Kraftwerk was the 70s/80s version of Daft Punk, with the difference being I can actually listen to a full Kraftwerk album without getting bored. Anyway, you like them or you don't. It's electronic music, as you know, and pretty lo-fi by today's standards, but its simplicity is part of what makes it great. Anyway, once I heard this song at 80s night here at Numbers and I think it was Kraftwerk - it was electronic and some robot type voice kept saying "Uptown, Downtown, Chinatown." Can anybody help me out there?

RATING: 72%

3 comments:

Chris said...

I can't tell you the artist of that song, but I can share that moment with you again. I kind of thought that song was humorous or maybe I just found it funny to watch those goth kids dance.

Anonymous said...

Did you design that Kraftwerk cover yourself? Liking it...we just gave Computer World song of the day today, link is on my sig if you're interested.

DCP said...

Ha, like your blog. I'm a fan of short, frequent blog posts if you can't tell.