Friday, December 4, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #4: Father Christmas

Things are done a little differently in the UK. They drive on the wrong side of the road and the word that they use for vagina is fanny. So with that in mind, the Kinks can be forgiven for calling their song "Father Christmas," when it's really about Santa. Also, if the lyrics are to be believed, when confronted with a department store Santa, British children will likely try to rob him. Whereas, if my recent trips to the mall are any indication, North American children are more likely to cry and pee in his lap.

Rating: Figgy pudding%

(Image from driver8.seesaa.net)

7 comments:

Internet John said...

What was that 80's action movie where the leading lady says, "I think I've got a complete set of Carlito's fingerprints on my fanny."

Internet John said...

Question mark

IR said...

"Don't wear white pants in Italy!"- advice given to me by my dad (he's British) as I left on holiday for Europe.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i dont think ur using the wor dholiday right

Internet Robyn said...

@ ULaOSVUBR#12

Who me? Oh...it was a holiday all right, cultural significance and recreation. woot woot!

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

oic

Belabras said...

One of my favorite Christmas songs.