Thursday, December 17, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #17: Thank God It's Christmas

So there used to be this band called Queen and back in 1984 they put out a single called "Thank God It's Christmas." I guess they called themselves Queen because they were British, but that's still kinda weird when you think about it, because there were only guys in the band. You would think that they'd have called themselves King or something, oh well. They had some hits, I guess, and then their lead singer died in '91. Which is a real shame, because as far as I can tell, he never got a chance to meet a nice lady, settle down and get married.

Rating: Mince pie%

(Image from Wikipedia)

5 comments:

DCP said...

I think I like Queen, but I can only think of 5 or 6 songs they did that are any good.

Belabras said...

Yeah, but can you think of a single Nickleback song that is any good?

I rest my case.

I.J. said...

"Leader of Men" wasn't too bad. The 7 plagues of Egypt should still be unleashed upon Alberta for ever shitting NIckelback out of her prairie womb, however.

Walter Benjamin and the Mechanical Reproductions (the band) said...

i dont know guys i kind of like the nickel back song about spider man and i know glen also likes itcause he gave it a 95% on his real review blog (he only give sthat url to vips)

laurie said...

That song...did not get me in the Christmas spirit.