Thursday, December 3, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #3: Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)

A true Ramones fan is always willing to forgive some of the band's more questionable artistic decisions. Which leads me to the inclusion of their foray into the Christmas song canon, "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)." The song itself serves as both a means of extending holiday well-wishings and as a plea for domestic harmony. It's also loud, fast, and around two minutes long. So essentially, it's not that much of a departure from the rest of the Ramones song catalog.

Rating: Elf bowling%

(Image from c-60lownoise.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

I.J. said...

I knew a guy who said his mom was born in the same hospital as Joey Ramone on the same day. He was from out west, and he'd say "Skookum" instead of "cool."