Friday, December 25, 2009

25 Days or Less of Christmas Songs - #25: Christmas in Hollis

Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" has to be one of my all time favorite Christmas songs. And not just because it's featured in one of my all time favorite movies (Die Hard) either. When I decided to start this Christmas song project, I knew I was going to feature "Christmas in Hollis" as the pièce de résistance of the series. I just had no idea how much schlock I'd have to wade through first. So that's it, the project is finished. Merry Christmas. 

Rating: Gold rope chains

(Image from Wikipedia)

5 comments:

DCP said...

Yeah, I just had to describe this song to somebody from Queens who had never heard it before. And speaking of Die Hard, we watched another Christmas classic last night - Lethal Weapon.

I.J. said...

Christmas Win.

Internet Robyn said...

Christmas in Hollis is a great tune, and I didn't hear it once this year. So strange.

Nick said...

I love this song. It's on my Christmas mix CD, along with All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit by Half Man Half Biscuit, Fuckin' Up My Chritmas by MC Chris, the Futurama chirstmas songs, The Eels' Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas, Shonen Knife's Space Christmas...

I hate Christmas, that's why.

LoCo said...

Yeah I'd definitely never heard this song before, but then again I'm not as old as Glenn.