Friday, June 20, 2008

LDL Cholesterol

The delicious face of cholesterol is not that ugly. It's the inside that's fucked up. That's why I didn't post a photo of what your veins and arteries look like when the cholesterol hardens after years of neglect. Now I'm sure some people have a level higher than me, but for 160 pounds my cholesterol is way higher than it should be. Cholesterol sucks for a lot of us because it's hereditary and means we have to eat less red meat. I guess I've learned to balance my eating and exercise habits, but sometimes think I'd rather be dead if I had to give up meat forever. No wait, I would rather be dead if I had to give up meat. Luckily exercise works.

RATING: 5%

6 comments:

John said...

I went vag-itarian for about two years, and it wasn't so bad. I felt much lighter, but that had a lot to do with lost muscle mass. I try to eat a lot less red meat these days, and I find it's almost (but not quite) as carnivorously satisfying to destroy chicken and fish with my teeth and digestive juices as it is cows and pigs. Tofu's pretty tasty too, if you cook it right, although overconsumption of soy protein has been linked to the growth of man-titties (in the case of women, I think they're just called "titties').

Chris said...

I like vegetables almost as much as meat (it's really apples to oranges, though). I think I appreciate all food, but it just pains me to see people write off meat. It's really a matter of moderation, but that goes with anything (even vegetables).

DCP said...

I think I had a lot of ldl cholesterol for lunch today.

Chris said...

Yeah, those 1/2 pound burgers were nothing close to moderation. But I didn't finish the fries, so I bet I saved like 3 seconds of my life.

laurie said...

Was this review posted for Glenn's benefit? A warning perhaps?

LoCo said...

I think if you look up "Do as I say, not as I do" in some sort of reference dictionary, this post should accompany the explanation.