Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Wiggins

Maybe it's just me, but it bums me out when someone else can successfully execute an idea you thought of once. Not because you were arrogant enough to think you'd be the first to think of it, but because it'd be an idea that actually worked out the way you wanted it to work out. Well, I bought an Alesis drum machine many years ago in hopes I could use that as the drums while I played guitar. Obviously it sounded like crap. Anyway, The Wiggins is a band (or solo artist, I guess) who plays guitar with a drum machine. He's actually pretty fucking awesome and manages to pull it off pretty well. I guess his influence would be along the lines of Suicide. Go visit The Wiggins MySpace page and check out tracks like "Johnny" or "When I Get Up" (which was featured on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother). As Glenn might say, "do it for the kids."

RATING: 74%

No comments: