Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Alien

#52 on Glenn's Top 100 Movie List

I really miss the quiet horror film. The seventies were a great decade for horror films that didn't have to be loud, or in your face the entire time. I've tried to show the original Alien to a bunch of people, and often they just fall asleep. A lot of Jerry Goldsmith's score is just soft, haunting tones, and there isn't a whole lot of action until the chest burster. Anyway, the point is, horror directors of the 21st century, please start decreasing the amount of edits in your movie. Also, make them longer and have less action. Also, maybe more boobs. (This movie has zero boobs. But there can be a quiet horror film with boobs I bet.)

RATING: 92%

1 comment:

John said...

OK, Sparky, here's the deal: I thought the whole fat arm/skinny arm thing was a crude but clever trick of perspective until I saw the legs. You should totally do covers for Fence magazine.