Monday, July 14, 2008

Applying For Jobs

Applying for jobs blows. You would think that it might help to have a Master's degree, but it turns out that it doesn't help at all if your Master's degree is in poetry. Everywhere wants some type of bullshit degree like communications or nineteen years of office experience, and then they turn you down for jobs a chimpanzee could do with no explanation. And it's not like the end product is something awesome like a car or a poetry publication, no it's just a fucking job I'm sure I'll hate whatever it is. Oh well, at least we live in America right guys?

RATING: 11%

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this. It made my day.

laurie said...

Well I guess you should have sold out like I did.

Sarah said...

Amica has jobs in Houston that pay well. Of course you will need to sell your soul to the insurance industry... eh souls are overrated anyway.

Chris said...

It's really just a game of probability. Let's say 10% of all the resumes you send out result in interviews, and that 10% of those interviews result in an offer. So, if you apply to 100 jobs, you're solid. No problem.

Jacqui said...

Glenn, I know what you mean. Try the job search in another country. I mean I got something at an art gallery, but it's only part time. Thus, I might have to look for ANOTHER job. Boo to that. So much for the so-called Celtic Tiger.

John said...

Get a Ph D or go overseas to Korea or Thailand or something.

Chris said...

They say once you go to Thailand, you never come back. I mean that in a good way.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4n0qelzWs0

I'm going to try to repost this every time you complain about America.

LoCo said...

Get some bullshit job for a couple of years and then move to Asia/Europe to "teach English" with your girlfriend who loves you. You can even get there via a "repositioning cruise." 14 days on a ship, all you can eat! ALL YOU CAN EAT.