Monday, July 21, 2008

Batman Begins

After Joel Schumacher effectively destroyed Batman forever, I think we were all happy to see a new direction, and this movie ended up being pretty good. It ends up being extremely original to current continuity (with the Falcone mob family from Long Halloween, Batman being trained by Ra's Al Ghul, Mr. Zsasz), and the casting is superb. I saw this with a fellow comic geek and we were both basically sitting in a pool of our own drool at the end of the movie. Anyway, it's got some boring stretches, Katie Holmes is fucking terrible, the fight scenes are impossible to follow, the music is forgettable, and there are a ton of horrible one liners (some cop [Captain Gordon?] sees the Batmobile and says "I've got to get me one of those," I mean, come on), but it's pretty tits apart from that, and it only barely missed my top 100 which I swear I'll finish someday.

RATING: 81%

3 comments:

laurie said...

You have really got to stop using "tits" in place of "great." Seriously.

DCP said...

But can't we all agree that tits are great?

John said...

Liam Neeson wasn't such a great villain. But I like the new music, or at least that crescendoing leitmotif thingie.