Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Winning 3rd Place

Winning 3rd place can feel great. At least you won something. But it's obviously not as great to the rest of society as winning 2nd or 1st place. In the Olympics 3rd place will win you a medal made of copper and tin and that's not too bad, because although it's highly unfashionable it's better than nothing. But 2nd place means you win a medal made of silver and that seems like a pretty large gap in quality for just scoring .5 points less than the team ahead of you. I think 1st place kind of sucks because I don't look good in gold (unless it's white gold, but then again that's really just like silver so save your money) and it's a pretty soft metal anyway so you'd probably scratch it. If you win 3rd place at least you're not trying to show off, especially if your team has only played one game of trivia together. Of course, none of this is relevant if winning 3rd place gets you a pint glass and bottle opener/keychain, but at least you've got your pride.

RATING: 75%

12 comments:

DCP said...

In this picture my moustache is suffering from absolutely zero visibility.

Chris said...

Well the picture did come from the crappy camera on my phone. I really can't tell anything in the picture anyway.

Bryan said...

Now I miss trivia night. :( Congrats on 3rd.

DCP said...

See Bryan? I'm always telling people about our glory days at whatever that place was called. What were we, first like 8 weeks in a row until our team all moved away?

Bryan said...

Yes. We took home like, $140 in free food and drinks. We were amazingly amazing. Like Kung Fu, the legend continues.

...and I don't remember the name of the fucking place. Which isn't good, since Phil's fundraiser / bachelor auction was there as well.

Jacqui said...

It was Gill's Tavern.

Chris said...

Free food? Drinks? If that's first place I'll take it over a gold medal any day.

John said...

I won third place in the Canada fitness test in grade 2. That's Canadese for, "Thanks for trying, fat kid."

Chris said...

So everyone's a winner? I guess I don't mind playing that one.

John said...

By third place I mean bronze. I imagine there were about 10 million golds and silvers.

LoCo said...

Trivia night? Bunch of losers.

Although free food sounds like a dandy prize to me, too.

Anonymous said...

Why the fuck weren't me and Michell invited CHRIS?!?!!

I wanted to be invited to mustache and waffles...I don't want to be in the pic or at your table...just observing from a few tables down...