Monday, August 25, 2008

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Ha! What a load of fun this movie was. When it came from Netflix the other day I was like "Oh, man, a murder mystery, what a downer," but then it was pretty hilarious the whole movie, while still having a lot of great twists and turns like you'd expect. What made the difference here was Robert Downey Jr.'s charming performance as the narrator, who (and a lot of this was the structure of the film itself) doubles back and retells things as he remembers them, just like some funny guy telling you a story in real life. Val Kilmer is also pretty great as RDjr's crime solving partner, Gay Perry. If you're like me and didn't believe everybody a few years ago who said this was great, then get your head out of your bum and rent this, suckers, and also do your dishes because they're piling up.

RATING: 84%

3 comments:

Bryan said...

For some reason, and I think this was back when we were writing Mystery Solvers, I read this screenplay (because I wanted to learn how to write good screenplays), and really liked it, but never saw the flick. I do remember that the screenplay was both really clever, and really well written, and now that I don't remember too much about it, I think I'd definitely like to see it.

DCP said...

Mystery Solvers - greatest movie that never was?

Bryan said...

There's an unnecessary question mark in that sentence. Just FYI.