Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Devil's Rejects

This is a sequel I guess to House Of 1000 Corpses by Rob Zombie, which I never saw because everybody said it sucked. Well, maybe I should check it out because everybody said this movie was great and it turns out they were wrong. Maybe it's just because you're following this group of mass murderers around, and it's tough to side with them, or maybe it's because this movie is a convoluted mess that never really knows what it wants to be. The one interesting part (spoilers) is when the cop who's been tracking this trio catches them and tortures them for like five minutes, and you feel kind of bad for them, because it's the torturer being tortured? Get it? . Oh well, at least it's shot real pretty like.

RATING: 41%

2 comments:

Evan J Peterson said...

I love House of 1,000 Corpses. I didn't really care for The Devil's Rejects. What I love about House is that it's a campy, technicolor homage to 70's horror. One big complaint people had was, "Oh, it's like he ripped off Texas Chainsaw Massacre." No, he didn't, it's nothing like TCM, but perhaps the reason people thought that is because Zombie got some highly recognizable horror movie actors to be in it. So yeah, go watch House of 1,000 Corpses. Dwight from The Office has a pretty interesting fate...

John said...

I own this movie and I haven't watched it. That just goes to show you how prejudiced and easily swayed by the opinions of people that I don't even respect I am.