Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Flying

Flying is a way to get far away places like New York for cheaper and quicker than driving. I guess it makes logical sense, but some losers (me) are terrified of flying so then it doesn't seem like such a great option. Like, look, what kind of science guy says all this Bernoulli magic is going to keep working, anyway? Also, you gotta take off your shoes to go through security which is totally lame, but at least you get unlimited snacks and if you can find a way to deal with it then maybe it will be ok. Teleporters please!

RATING:54%

8 comments:

John said...

Maybe the science guy is in grade 3, and there's 2 of him, and their model wing doesn't work because they spent more time watching 3-2-1 Contact than they did making their shitty science project.

Oh, wait, that was us. No wonder we're both scared of flying.

DCP said...

I think our method was more sound than the guy who beat us. Also, from the design of his project, it really seems like he had outside help, whereas we refused parental assistance. My Solar System poster from the year before? Silver medal.

John said...

Yeah, I got a sliver for my gay-ass dinosaur diorama that year, too. It wasn't really a medal so much as a plastic rendition of what looked like Aladdin's lamp. You can't take elementary science fair judges too seriously, though. I was one at Berwick school when I was in grade 11 at C.K., and I was high as shit.

Jen said...

Unlimited snacks?! When was the last time you were on a plane? and which airlines are you flying? During all four flights I went on last month, snacks cost money, just like the used headphones. Boooo.

Anonymous said...

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/fashion-swat/science-fair-swat.php?page=10

That's Glenn on the right.

Anonymous said...

Wait... I mean:

That's Glenn on the right.

John said...

Glenn, you of all people should know that without Dr. Manhattan's mind to guide you, the shock of teleporting would kill you instantly. Or at least make you barf.

DCP said...

JetBlue gives you unlimited snacks. Maybe they don't fly out of Columbus? Also, 56 channels of direct tv.