Monday, August 25, 2008

New Traditionalists by Devo

You know, I consider Devo to be one of my favorite bands, but they only really have like three good albums. Sure, there are great songs on all of them (to greater or lesser degrees), but only three of their albums are great cover to cover. New Traditionalists is not one of them. It's got the three video songs, Through Being Cool, Love Without Anger, and Beautiful World, but there's only two or three more decent tracks on the whole album. Buy it if you're a millionaire or completionist like me.

RATING: 43%

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is a completionist like a contortionist

Jacqui said...

I actually got this on vinyl at a used record store. Unfortunately (or fortunately after reading this review), it's warped. Thus, I never got to properly listen to it. Oh well. At least, I still have the cool Devo posters that came with it.